Member - Ballard, Bellevue, Shoreline, West Seattle 2005-13

Gender

Female

Which describes your role at Mars Hill?

Member

What Mars Hill location(s) did you attend?

Ballard, Bellevue, Shoreline, West Seattle

What years were you involved / attending?

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Which describes you?

I left Mars Hill prior to closure.

Please describe why you left Mars Hill and what that experience was like.

We had a baby and it was a hard season of adjustment to get to church/community groups.  

What's changed for you since your time at Mars Hill came to an end?

Sadness for a broken family of believers

Please write anything else you'd like to add.

Other than feeling very sad for this church ending I wasn't part of the big upset.  Many are feeling grieved and emotionally hurt.  Perhaps my lack of involvement sheltered me from the pain?  I think that speaks more to my Lukewarm heart for the church, not necessarily my experience with MH directly. My heart goes out to those deeply hurting.  It will take a very long time to heal those emotional wounds.