Shawn Preston 2007-14

Your Name

Shawn Preston

Gender

Male

Which describes your role at Mars Hill?

Member, Staff

What Mars Hill location(s) did you attend?

West Seattle

What years were you involved / attending?

2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

How did you first hear about Mars Hill?

A friend was attending and suggested I check it out.

What was the circumstance of your first time attending Mars HIll?

Christmas Eve service with some friends.

What were your first impressions?

I was a non Christian who didn't want anything to do with Jesus. I was not in a good place in life and some friends that I trusted had been going so I started to attend and was blown away at how Pastor Mark made the bible make sense to me.

Why was Mars Hill your church home?

I was being fed. I met some great men along the way. My life was changed.

What about your time at Mars Hill has had a positive impact on you?

All of it.

What about your time at Mars Hill has had a negative impact on you?

I wasn't affected negatively.

What would you like to have changed about Mars Hill?

Maybe slow down a bit.

Which describes you?

I stayed at Mars Hill through closure.

Please describe why you stayed at Mars Hill and what that experience was like.

I stayed because it was my home. My experience was sadness. Seeing good friends leave. Seeing broken people being broken. I was blown away at all the negative talk that was happening.

How would you describe the reason for Mars Hill's closure to an outsider.

I tell people that even your pastor is broken and needs Jesus.

What's changed for you since your time at Mars Hill came to an end?

I still attend at the same location. I must admit that I'm having a hard time adjusting. Not feeling as excited as I did during my time at Mars Hill. I miss it.